Total number of childrens sponsored by ASHF for heart surgery is 90. Some of them are listed below.
1.Baby babu 8 month old male child came to us with complaints of frequent respiratory tract infections and failure to thrive. He was diagnosed to have large parimembranous Ventricular septal defect with small patent ductus arteriosus with severe pulmonary artery hypertension. He underwent successful ventricular septal defect closure with pda ligation and was discharged home 1 week after the surgery.
2.Baby Guduru nagamma 8 month old female child was brought with complaints of delayed mile stones, suck-rest-suck cycle, cyanosis aggravated on crying and excessive sweating while feeding. She was diagnosed to have dextrocardia, large inlet ventricular septal defect amounting to single ventricle, pulmonary atresia with confluent good sized branch pulmonary arteries. After multidisciplinary team meeting she was taken up for surgery. She underwent bidirectional Glenn shunt with PDA clipping. She recovered well and was discharged with stable hemodynamics.
3. Baby Thupakula Moshaiah 8 years old male child presented with complaints of breathlessness on exertion, history of cyanosis with squatting episodes. Child was detected to have heart disease at 4 years of age but was not under follow up or treatment. He was detected to have tricuspid atresia with normally related great arteries, large atrial septal defect amounting to single atrium, restrictive bulbo ventricle foramen with severe infundibular and valvar pulmonary stenosis and confluent branch pulmonary arteries. He underwent bidirectional Glenn shunt and was discharged with stable hemodynamics
4. Master Srihari 17 years old male child presented to us with complaints of dyspnoea on exertion for past 1 year.He was detected to have congenital heart disease in his childhood period but was neglected. He was diagnosed by echocardiogram to have large subarterial VSD restricted by RCC prolapse with severe valvar pulmonary stenosis. He underwent cardiac catheterization as a part of presurgical work up. Catheterization confirmed the echocardiographic findings with normal coronory origins and course. After multidisciplinary team meeting he was taken up for surgery. At surgery he underwent intracardiac repair( VSD closure with supra and subannular pericardial patch). He withstood the procedure well and was discharged home with stable hemodynamics on 6 th post operative day. He is asymptomatic now.
5. Hareeshva 1 year old male child, detected to have congenital heart disease at birth on routine examination was referred to us for further work up. He was diagnosed to have sinus venosus ASD with right pulmonary vein draining into SVC to RA junction(PAPVC). He underwent Partial anomolous pulmonary venous drainage repair using 2 patch technique. He was discharged on 5 th post operative day with stable hemodynamics. Child was doing well on follow up.
6..Baby chandu 10 month old male child diagnosed to have large subarterial Ventricular septal defect with severe pulmonary artery hypertension. He underwent successful ventricular septal defect closure and was discharged home 1 week after the surgery.
7. Miss ankamma 10 yrs old female child was diagnosed to have large ventricular septal defect and was referred to us for further management. She underwent successful ventricular septal defect closure and was discharged home with stable hemodynamics.
8.Baby. Sharon Kovur, 8 months old female, detected to congenital heart disease at 10days, on routine follow up. She was refered to us for further work up. She was diagnosed to have large perimembraneous VSD. She underwent Large perimembraneous VSD closure using PTFE patch. She was discharged on 5th post operative day with stable haemodynamics. Child was doing well on follow up.
9. Baby. Pranvitha Reddy.M , 2 years old female, detected to have congenital heart disease at 1 month of age. On routine follow up, she was reffered to s for further work up. She was diagnosied to have Ostium secundum ASD with left upper pulmonary vein draining into innominate vein. She under went partial anomalous pulmonary venous drainage repair( Rerouting of left pulmonary vein into LA Appentage) and ostium secundum ASD closure using autologus pericardium. She was discharged on 4th post operative day with stable hemodynamics. Child was doing well on follow up.
10. 9 month old venkatesh was literally gasping for breatth when referred to us. The baby weighed only 5 kgs and had been diagnosed outside as a case of atrial septal defect with severe pulmonary hypertension. When our cardiologist did the echo, we diagnosed a membrane sitting astride the mitral valve almost totally obstructing the mitral valve. The baby needed urgent surgery. The Alfred Solomon Heart Foundation stepped in and sponsored the surgery. The surgery was uneventful and the baby was soon off the ventilator and cured for life.
11. Ademma is a 13 year old extremely poor girl with a complex congenital cardiac condition called Tetralogy of Fallot. The child was blue and on the verge of collapsing. The child was evaluated by Dr Anuradha Sridhar, our Pediatric Cardiologist, in her Nellore Clinic and she opined that the child needed urgent surgery.